6 October 2013

Oktoberfest

Hi everyone :)

I am almost 22 and I have never been to Oktoberfest, not until Friday that is. 
On Friday my lovely flatmate decided it was time for me to loose my Oktoberfest - virginity, or he just didn't want to go alone, which ever you prefer :D

So after I was done with work on Friday, I made some dinner for us and we took of on our way to Munich. We took the train, then a tram and walked a bit till we arrived. 
The first impression was overwhelming, there were so many people all walking into one direction and light flashing everywhere that I felt like I was being run over. It was a lot to take in and definitely felt like a sensory overload but strange enough that is something you get used to quite quickly. 





There was lights everywhere and people running into you. Drunk most of the time, which is the reason why I though I should not be going. I don't drink so I imagined going to be quite weird, because I don't cope with drunk people very well at least not unless I have been drinking myself, which I haven't been for 2 years now. 
But again I it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And to be quite honest Oktoberfest is just like a giant funfair with a lot of drunk people and a lot of huge tents that you can get drunk at. 
Oh and lets not forget all of the places you can get all kinds of food at and sweets obviously :D We had a lot of both haha


yes I did have candy floss again
And I am not one bit ashamed of it :) Or the fact that we went on a lot of different rides.



Like this giant merry-go-round high up in the air. It looked like a good idea to begin with but once we were going up I wasn't so sure of it anymore :D 

our shoes :) YeaH!! Lets GO!
It was great though a bit scary at first but nonetheless great. You had a great view over Munich and who doesn't love merry-go-rounds?
Also the ticket's we got were quite cool and the had build the whole thing a bit like a airport and the merry-go-round was the plane. Hint's the look of the ticket:

the date is obviously wrong though :D

We did have a lot of fun even though we only stayed for about 3 hours and didn't get drunk :)

So thank you to my flatmate for 'dragging' me along and proving me wrong. Oktoberfest did not at all turn out like I had expected it to be. 

meet P.

Meet the person I have to thank for a great night with a lot of fun :) First person aside from my parents that you meet on here if I am not mistaken. 
This was right before we went on a ride called hell lightning and OMG I can tell you this ride is nothing for people with a heart condition or people who don't react well to flashing light.





The whole thing is set up to like like a bit of a Indiana Jones adventure and they are actually playing the theme song of the movies as well, but ones you get inside it is completely different. We had no clue what we were in for. 
You get inside and it is dark that is the only thing you see, that is until there is laser lights everywhere and dust and it looks really cool and the next thing you know you are suddenly spinning in your carriage. It was crazy, sudden unexpected movements, the tracks right in front of your nose came out of no where most of the time and then we were racing towards the walls and it was to dark to see the tracks. We were then spun around before reaching the wall and facing the people in front of us who looked just as startled as we did. I screamed a lot and laughed at the same time. It was soo cool.  

I felt like a child in a candy store the whole time and I can now say I am a fan of Oktoberfest and will most definitely go again even though I don't drink.

But I will probably never go on a free fall tower again. If you don't know what that is google it! It's basically a thing where you get pulled up 60 meters in the air and then get dropped, over and over again. The next time you see one I dare you to go on it. 
For me it was a ride that made me feel like throwing up constantly but it never happened. I liked it for the time being but I don't think I can find the braver within me to do it again :D haha

So if you live near Munich and have never been to Oktoberfest don't wait till your almost 22 it is really cool :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment