17 October 2013

Autumn/Winter essentials

Hi everyone :)

I hate to break it to you guys but summer is over. It is starting to get colder and it is time to break out the winter clothes.
Yeah I couldn't believe it until I wrote this down either.... Sad but true.
Although I have to admit that I kind of like the cold season of the year.
Darker colours, a cup if tea snuggled up in bed with a good book, all the scarfs you can wear. I really like it. So I thought I would share my autumn/winter essentials with you guys :) And there are quite a view so lets get started:

Obviously before we talk about clothes we have to talk about the stuff that goes underneath. No you perverts I am not talking about underwear haha I am talking about whipping out all those lovely smelling shower gels and cream you have!



I love both these products very much because they smell a bit like Christmas, especially the apple cinnamon body gel.
I might be the only person that does that but I have a different shower gel for the autumn and winter months. And as you can see it has been put to good use.
Also I find body butter a lot better, during the colder times of the year, then a simple moisturizer. Am I the only one with that opinion? I might be, but let me know :) The candied ginger body butter from the body shop smells amazing by the way. Very ginger-y, so if you don't like that you should probably leave your hands off of this product :D

So now lets move on to clothes.
I have put together two outfits. I have worn similar ones over the last couple of days and felt really warm and cozy :)
Maybe it gives you an outfit idea too.

autumn

Obviously you would have to wear that one with tights ;)

winter

Another thing that I do a lot more during the colder times of the year is use cream on my face. I tend not to need any in the summer but as soon as it get's colder it is like my skin just turns into sandpaper.
I have found the perfect thing for me but every skin is different so just try out different products and see which one works best for you. And don't give up after having tried only 2 it might take longer then that. Took me year till I found the one I am using now.
It's from nutrimetics.

Also I tend to wear darker colours during the colder months. May that be lipstick or nail polish. Especially darker reds are something I always fall in love with again every winter.

p2 (Red Square), mac (lovelorn), nutrimetics (antique), catrice (Ketch-me-up)



And recently I have fallen in love with this dark green nail polish and it goes surprisingly well with most outfits. Because I hate it if you paint your nails and the outfit you want to wear the next day doesn't go with it. 

There however is one last thing that can not be forgotten about on here, that being: hot lemon-honey-ginger.
It is easy to make and all I can say is that I have not had a cold all winter long last year which I blame on drinking one of these bad boys every morning!
It is really easy to make and tastes like heaven, at least for me :)
All you need is:
1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
a bit of grated ginger
1 cup of water

Heat up the water and mix it with the rest, easy as that and goodbye cold. I swear it works!

So darker colours, warm knitted clothes and taking good care of your skin are my autumn and winter essentials, what are yours?
I am off to have another hot honey-lemon-ginger because now that I wrote about it on here I really crave one :D

x
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment