14 August 2013

Gossip Girl Style - Jenny Humphrey

Hello to everyone on this bright day :)

Jenny Humphrey is the youngest character in Gossip Girl but nevertheless the one character that changes completely throughout the series and so does her style. I know all the other character kind of grew up with their style but Jenny's changed completely. 
She went from being cute to absolute bad girl.


I mean look at this it completely changed form her clothes to the hair to everything. 
I liked her kind of natural blond at the beginning and I can live with the platinum blond at the end but her haircut in between that looked terrifying. Am I the only one that thought that? That was also the time where she wore really strange things.
I mean I'm not the biggest fan of her final looked but that in between stuff wasn't my thing at all.

I liked her style at the start of the series. It wasn't risky but cute and girly. She wore the occasional bright colours but kept it clean. It was a good look for a 15 year old in a place like Manhatten. She sometimes reminded me a bit of Carrie from SitC. 


Like I said cute. A bit undeveloped for my taste but so was her personality. She was at a point where she had to find her place in this new environment and so did her style.




And from there on out things went a bit downhill.


I actually love every single piece of what she is wearing there but I would not wear the jacket with the dress. It looks to grey for my taste. And I would not wear it with black tights I think. And like already mentioned I hate her haircut :D

But her new style did have some highlights :






I am absolutely in love with this look. It looks very grown up and well put together. The blue shoes with the coat work very well. She did look a bit more like the Jenny from the beginning there just a bit older. 

Moving on from the highlights to the rest of the disturbing stuff:


What even is that? Can you wear that? Are you allowed to wear something like this? I don't have words for it but at the same time I actually think I like it, in a weird and twisted way :)
It is very slutty though, way to slutty for me. Aside from the fact that her skirt is very short she is wearing stockings (shocked face), I mean so do I but at least I wear them so you can't tell I am...

and here is the hair again....no words
So if let the fact that she slept with Chuck aside and broke up Serena and Nate I still don't really like her character. It got to a point where I just found her extremely annoying. 
They took her rebelling against everything a bit to far and she was to high up on her horse. To be honest I don't even know how she got up there ;)

Her character developed in a weird way and so did her style. She still had some bright moments but most of the time I couldn't help but wonder what they were trying to achieve with her look.


I mean this is what they started with:



And this is what they did with her:


I'm pretty sure you will have a hard time finding shorter skirts then that...

And can someone please explain this to me?


Is this a thing? Cause if it is I'm very happy about having missed it.

To conclude:
I did like what they did with her style although she (as a character) became really annoying at one point. And she did wear some things that I would never approve of but nevertheless I kind of liked it. Surely I would never wear any of it myself, well I would wear the one with the blue shoes but that's not what it is about at the moment.

x
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment