10 July 2013

Blair Waldorf - Gossip Girl Style



Hello to all of you :)

The other day I was watching old episodes of Gossip Girl with a friend and I thought why not write something about their style of clothes?
I mean it's perfect: how much more high fashion then the Upper Eastside can it get?
So since there is way to many characters for one entry I'm going to do them one by one. And maybe even try to recreate one of their looks with my clothes. 

So I thought I would start of with Blair Waldorf. If you have never watched Gossip Girl you should either google it or start watching as soon as you have finished reading this :)

Blairs style is classic but at the same time very extravagant. And oh my she has worn some pretty crazy things throughout the seasons.
I don't think many people can pull of what she was wearing during the first 2 seasons apart from Carrie in Sex and the City :D 
After that her style got a little less freaky and a lot more wearable in our normal daily life which probably was due to the fact that her style changed as she got older. And I think that is also something I like about the series. They didn't just let their characters grow up and left everything else as it was. No everything about their characters grew with them which is what made the series so relatable. Because I surely have no clue what having that much money feels like :D

Throughout the first 2 seasons while they were still in high school Blair wore a lot of knee highs and hair bands which were always the center piece of her outfit. It was her brand, the thing that made her Blair Waldorf. She tried keeping it up in college but luckily gave it up pretty early on. I'm just not a fan of hair bands probably because for the love of good do I look ridiculous with them.


More mature
High School




















Blair also loved her red tights which I don't always agree with cause sometimes it just made her look a bit like a parrot with all that colour going on. But I guess the courage to wear things like that is what made her style unique in the series. 









This is probably the outfit that most people will know as she wore it quite a lot and that is saying something because I'm pretty convinced that I have never seen her wear something twice. If you saw something on Blair that you liked you had to memorize it because you would never get to see it again.




























And she got so many gorgeous dresses to wear. They always made me quite jealous of her because most of them were straight from the runway.





And she even wore a dress that Kate Middleton was wearing later on at a red carpet envent. I think they both look incredibly beautiful in it.





But even though her style got a lot more mature there were still some things that only a Blair Waldorf can wear. I mean there is way to many different patterns going on in the outfit below. From the blouse to the skirt over the tights and even the shoes had a different print, that is bonkers. I would never wear something like that. I don't like it on me and I don't like it on others but Blair can wear it. I actually quite like it on her :)









And this is the one dress I would pay whatever money it cost just to wear it once. I would probably never find an occasion to do so but I don't care I need this dress…
Again I love the dress but I would not wear it on my wedding?  For Blair there was no other dress to wear at her wedding it had to be this one. It is so gorgeous and just not something you would expect.



There is one outfit though that was absolutely terrifying and I have no idea what the costume designer thought when putting this on Leighton. She looks like she is trying to wear a tent or a paper bag.... I don't know what they thought but for me it is just plain wrong :D





I hope you enjoyed this post and I apologize beforehand if there are any mistakes in grammar or typos.
I'm currently sitting on a train on my way to an event that I have to speak at and will probably upload this entry at the train station using the Wi-fi they have at McDonalds :D
I hope that works out otherwise I have no idea how to upload this…. Oh well I will find a way :)
At the train station: 
Getting this entry ready was absolutely mental and uploading it wasn't going as planned but here it is :D

x
J.



No comments:

Post a Comment